Skin Care For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin is hypersensitive skin that responds to stimuli with inflammation. There are 4 types of sensitive skin. The best skincare routine for sensitive skin depends upon the type of sensitive skin you have. You can read more about the 4 types of sensitive skin here. All skincare routines for sensitive skin should have ingredients to soothe and calm sensitive skin such as argan oil, green tea, resveratrol, and niacinamide.
These soothing skincare products for sensitive skin contain ingredients to calm skin inflammation, but you will get much better results from your sensitive skincare routine if you take the skin type quiz to determine which Baumann Skin Type® and subtype, or subtypes, of sensitive skin you have. You can have more than one type of sensitive skin and your skincare routine for sensitive skin should take all of this into account. The skincare advice for sensitive skin given here is directed towards the red, itching and allergic hypersensitive skin. Acne skincare is discussed here.
Best Soothing Cleansers for Sensitive Skin
- Medature Plantract Cleansing Gel - This foaming gel uses surfactants that do not injure the skin barrier and provide a light foam to clean sensitive skin. This soothing face wash is appropriate for sensitive combination skin. This can be used as a rosacea cleanser.
- Zerafite Creamy Cleanser - This moisturizing cleanser deposits soothing lipids on the skin and protects the skin barrier. It is the best soothing cleanser for dry sensitive skin. Super dry skin types use this as a sensitive skin shaving cream for sensitive skin on the face or body.
- La Roche-Posay Hydrating Gentle Soap Free Cleanser - This soothing cleanser gently cleanses skin without irritation. This gentle cleanser is not strong enough to remove sunscreen, so we advise using it at night.
- SENTE Daily Soothing Cleanser - This cleanser is for skin that is sensitive after having a cosmetic procedure. Great cleanser to use after chemical peeling.
Best Soothing Cleansers for Sensitive Allergic Skin
- VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Deeply Soothing Cleansing Cream - This soothing cleanser is a safe cleanser for sensitive skin that is allergic to many skincare products. It is the best hypoallergenic cleanser for sensitive skin and rosacea because it does not have the 109 most common skincare ingredients that cause an allergic skin reaction.
Best Toner for Sensitive Skin
- Medature Energizing Q toner- This sensitive skin toner hydrates hypersensitive skin and reduces facial redness. Coenzyme Q 10 gives the skin energy to help repair any damage from skin inflammation.
- Element 47 Skin Fortifying Mist- This gentle toner leaves skin fresh and protected from acne-causing bacteria without causing dryness or irritation. This toner is for dry sensitive skin and oily sensitive skin.
Best Oil To Soothe Sensitive Skin
- PAOOR Oil- This soothing natural oil is 100% Argan oil from Morocco. The first press of the Argan nut gives superior oil full of soothing antioxidants and fatty acids like linoleic acid and stearic acid. This soothing oil can be used on any type of inflammation or rash. Argan oil is a non-comedogenic oil. This is a dry oil meaning it contains polyunsaturated fatty acids that soothe skin. This oil is unscented. This oil is a good oil for allergy-prone skin and dry sensitive skin.
- ClarityRx Glimmer Of Hope Shimmering Facial Oil- This hydrating oil combines many different soothing oils. This oil is scented. Not the best choice for very allergic skin.
Best Serum for Sensitive Skin
- Essopi Triple Antioxidant Serum- This lightweight moisturizing serum soothes and calms sensitive skin with green tea, resveratrol and caffeine. This non-comedogenic soothing serum is perfect for oily skin or combination skin.
- SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel- This soothing serum uses botanical ingredients to calm skin. Keep it in the refrigerator and apply when you need a cooling soothing serum for the face.
Best Moisturizing Cream For Sensitive Skin
- Essopi Triple Antioxidant Cream- This moisturizing and soothing cream is non-comedogenic. It is a lightweight moisturizer for sensitive skin on the face. Best for combination sensitive skin or dry sensitive skin
- Zerafite Soothing and Calming Face Cream- This soothing skin barrier cream contains portulaca oleracea extract, niacinamide, argan oil and grape seed oil. These soothing skincare ingredients fight skin inflammation and make this a superior calming cream for very dry sensitive skin types.
- VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Daily Calming Moisturizer- This hypoallergenic face cream is for very sensitive skin and allergic skin who complain that every moisturizer burns the face. If the face burning is caused by a skin allergy, this is the best moisturizing cream because it does not have 109 of the most common allergens that cause an allergic rash on the face.
Sensitive skin is difficult to treat if you do not understand which type of sensitive skin you have. The best skincare products for sensitive skin depend upon what is causing inflammation and redness. To know for certain what skincare products to use for sensitive skin, match your skincare routine to your Baumann Skin Type®.