Build a Custom Skin Care Routine for Your Skin Type
Our dermatologist-developed skin care routine quiz is the one used by doctors in their medical offices to prescribe custom skin care routines. You can use our skin care routine quiz to build a skin care routine for your skin type.
Wondering what your skin care routine should be- we have the scientific solution and answer! Once you take the personalized skin care quiz, you can choose products from many brands. You will get a step by step routine and product suggestions from many brands. You can scroll through a list of recommended products that are right for your skin type. You will build your own routine based on your brand preferences, values, and budget.
The skin care routine builder quiz only takes 2-3 minutes! How you answer the questions will determine how we build your routine. For example, we will ask you if you prefer tinted or untinted sunscreen. Every question helps builds you build the perfect dermatologist recommended skin care routine.
You will begin building your routine choosing from two main options:
- A complete 5 step routine for faster results
Basic routine that has the 3 most important products.
Once you choose the number of steps in your routine, you will see our recommendations and you can switch them out if you wish with products from different brands- knowing that are right for you and they are in the best routine step order.
Get started now and see how fun, easy, and empowering it is to shop by your Baumann Skin Type!
How to build a good skin care routine
You routine needs to be customized. This is what our skin care routine builder quiz does to help you build a the best skin care routine for your skin type.
- Assigns you to a Baumann Skin Type- there are 16!
- Determines if you have sensitive skin and if you do, assigns you to sensitive skin subtypes.
- Matches you to one of 40,000 skin care routine templates with the correct routine step order
- Gives you a dermatologist-recommended product for each regimen step
- Allows you to substitute each step from other products on the list that are also right for your skin type
You can scroll through each step and choose from many medical grade brands. You can be confident that you are building a skin care routine with products that are right for your skin type. These products that you choose from our list for the routine and will combine together and layer properly for maximum effects.
Just take the 3 minutes quiz. Make sure you give us your email so we can send to emails at day 30, 60, and 90 with what to expect, how to know if your products are working, and what to change them to. You see- you starter regimen needs to be adjusted monthly as your skin type improves. We will guide you!
We will empower you to build the best skin care routine and update it as needed!
Its easy- just take the quiz and I will guide you.
Why build a skin care routine with Skin Type Solutions?
We are the only website that uses the legit Baumann Skin Typing Quiz. All others are imposters! Beware! Even if they steal our exact questions, they do not have our code on how we match products to your skin type and quiz question answers. We spent a decade testing combinations of skin care products on various skin types so our knowledge can help you build a good routine. This is why we are certain we are the best way to build a skin care routine.
The first step to start to build a skin care routine is to know your Baumann Skin Type.
Your skin care routine quiz results will:
- Identify your Baumann Skin Type.
- Teach you about your skin type
- Help you to build a personalized skin care routine
- Allow you to choose from many brands
- Give you and exact step by step routine
You can mix and match the best products from many brands to build your routine.
The product recommendations are based on your skin care routine quiz answers.
Soon you will be able to read product reviews from others with the same skin type as you- and you can help others with your same skin type by leaving your reviews.
Is Skin Type Solutions Legit? Why We Have the Best Skin Care Routine Builder?
Our skin care routine quiz is validated, used by doctors including over 100 dermatologists, and is used by cosmetic companies in skin care product research.
We are the only legitimate skin care routine builder based on science and found in textbooks. Our quiz is better than Sephora, Ulta, Clinique, Neutrogena, Cera Ve and other skin care quizzes used to make a skin care routine:
Sephora Skin Care Quiz
Is the Sephora Skin Care Routine Builder good?
The Sephora skin care quiz allows you to shop from many brands. However, the downsides of the are:
- Does not accurately identify your skin type
- The skin types Sephora uses do not have all 4 major skin concerns so you are not treating all your skin concerns that affect the skin's beauty and health
- The algorithm to match products to skin type is not very sophisticated and is not skin care ingredient based, but is based on product type which is not accurate enough.
- It does not considering layering and what step the product must go in to layer well with other products.
Clinique Skin Type Quiz and Calculator
The Clinique skin type quiz was the first that I remember. This brand was developed by a dermatologist and was revolutionary in being the first to match a skin care routine to your skin types. I loved sliding the little tabs to see what my skin type was. But this skin typing system looked at eye color and hair color which do not play a role in building a scientific skin care routine.
The Clinique skin care routine quiz only gives you recommendations for Clinique products and does not allow you to choose the best products from different brands.
Skin Care Routine Builder Before and After Pictures
Use our online routine-builder quiz to properly combine and layer products from many different skin care brands.
We tell you exactly which products from many brands are right for you- and let you build your own skin regimen- based on your preferences.
You can share your before and after pictures on social media and win points towards free skin care products. Look for before and after pictures from others with your same Baumann Skin Type.
Maria Paula is a Baumann Skin type 3. She built a skin care routine using our quiz. Here are her before and after pictures.
You can hear from Maria Paula and others about how a custom skin care routine helped their skin in our YouTube Skin Type talks playlist where different skin types show their results and talk about their skin concerns.
The best dermatologist-developed skin care routine quiz is:
The Baumann Skin Typing Quiz!
- The only way to find your Baumann Skin Type
- Used by doctors in in medical practices
- Scientifically validated, legit, and accurate
- Fast (3- 5 minutes)
- Customizes a routine for you
- Helps you layer skin care products properly
Our Personalized Skincare Routine Quiz Helps You Build A Custom Skin Care Regimen
- Gives exact skin care routine steps
- Personalizes the routine steps based on your Baumann Skin Type
- Allows you to customize by brand preferences and values
- Shop from list of products for each step
- Decide if you want a full regimen of 5-6 products for faster results or a more basic routine with the 3 most important products.
Skin care regimen builder that includes different brands
You can include products from multiple brands when you use the routine-builder. Over 40 physician dispensed and medical grade skin care brands are included in our system including SkinCeuticals, Elta MD, La Roche Posay, Alastin, Defenage, Plated Skin Science, Sente and other skin care brands sold by dermatologists.
We give you an exact skin care routine with steps after you take the skin care routine quiz.
Choose the best products from various brands and combine them together with our skin care routine builder.
Shop by preferences such as vegan, clean, affordable, organic, or a particular skin care brand that you like.
Enjoy feeling confidence that every product in the routine you build is right for your Baumann Skin Type.
Our skin care routine builder will save you time and money. You can earn points with purchases that you can use towards products.
Don't make the mistake of buying the wrong skin care products again.
Get started now!
- Baumann L. Ch 10 and Ch 35 in Baumann's Cosmetic Dermatology 3rd Ed, (McGraw Hill 2022).
- Baumann, L. (2006). The skin type solution: a revolutionary guide to your best skin ever. Bantam.
- Baumann, L. (2008, 2012, 2019). Cosmetics and Skin Care in Dermatology. Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine. 7t, 8th and 9th eds. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Baumann, L. (2020). 14 A Scientific Approach to Cosmeceuticals. The Art of Aesthetic Surgery, Three Volume Set: Principles and Techniques.
- Baumann, Leslie S. “The Baumann Skin Typing System” in Farage MA, et al. Textbook of Aging Skin Skin. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (2017): 1579-1594.
- Baumann, L. (2009). The Baumann skin-type indicator: a novel approach to understanding skin type. Handbook of Cosmetic Science and Technology, 3rd Edition, Informa Healthcare, New York, 29-40.
- Baumann, L. (2008). Understanding and treating various skin types: the Baumann Skin Type Indicator. Dermatologic clinics, 26(3), 359-373.
- Baumann, Leslie. “Validation of a Questionnaire to Diagnose the Baumann Skin Type in All Ethnicities and in Various Geographic Locations” Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications 6 (2016): 34-40.
- Baumann, Leslie S., et al. “A Validated Questionnaire for Quantifying Skin Oiliness” Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications 4 (2014): 78-84.
- Lee, Y. B., Park, S. M., Bae, J. M., Yu, D. S., Kim, H. J., & Kim, J. W. (2017). Which Skin Type Is Prevalent in Korean Post-Adolescent Acne Patients?: A Pilot Study Using the Baumann Skin Type Indicator. Annals of Dermatology, 29(6), 817.
- Choi, J. Y., Choi, Y. J., Nam, J. H., Jung, H. J., Lee, G. Y., & Kim, W. S. (2016). Identifying skin type using the Baumann skin type questionnaire in Korean women who visited a dermatologic clinic. Korean Journal of Dermatology, 54(6), 422-437.
- Lee, Young Bin, Sung Ku Ahn, Gun Young Ahn, Hana Bak, Seung Phil Hong, Eun Jung Go, Chang Ook Park et al. "Baumann Skin Type in the Korean Male Population." Annals of Dermatology 31, no. 6 (2019): 621-630.
- Ahn, S. K., Jun, M., Bak, H., Park, B. D., Hong, S. P., Lee, S. H., ... & Goo, J. W. (2017). Baumann skin type in the Korean female population. Annals of dermatology, 29(5), 586-596.
Best References and Scientific Publications on Skin Care Routine Questionnaire:
- Baumann L. Baumann Skin Typing System in Ch. 10 of Baumann's Cosmetic Dermatology Ed 3. (McGraw Hill 2022)
- Baumann, L. Ch. Cosmeceuticals and cosmetic Ingredients (McGraw Hill 2015)
Baumann, Leslie. “Validation of a Questionnaire to Diagnose the Baumann Skin Type in All Ethnicities and in Various Geographic Locations” Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications 6 (2016): 34-40.
Lee, Y. B., Park, S. M., Bae, J. M., Yu, D. S., Kim, H. J., & Kim, J. W. (2017). Which Skin Type Is Prevalent in Korean Post-Adolescent Acne Patients?: A Pilot Study Using the Baumann Skin Type Indicator. Annals of Dermatology, 29(6), 817.
Choi, J. Y., Choi, Y. J., Nam, J. H., Jung, H. J., Lee, G. Y., & Kim, W. S. (2016). Identifying skin type using the Baumann skin type questionnaire in Korean women who visited a dermatologic clinic. Korean Journal of Dermatology, 54(6), 422-437.
Cho, S. I., Kim, D., Lee, H., Um, T. T., & Kim, H. (2023). Explore highly relevant questions in the Baumann skin type questionnaire through the digital skin analyzer: A retrospective single‐center study in South Korea. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
Lee, Young Bin, Sung Ku Ahn, Gun Young Ahn, Hana Bak, Seung Phil Hong, Eun Jung Go, Chang Ook Park et al. "Baumann Skin Type in the Korean Male Population." Annals of Dermatology 31, no. 6 (2019): 621-630.
Ahn, S. K., Jun, M., Bak, H., Park, B. D., Hong, S. P., Lee, S. H., ... & Goo, J. W. (2017). Baumann skin type in the Korean female population. Annals of dermatology, 29(5), 586-596.
Kanezawa, S., Zhu, Y. B., & Wang, Q. (2020). Correlation between Chinese medicine constitution and skin types: a study on 187 Japanese women. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, 26, 174-179.
Efata, R., Loka, W. I., Wijaya, N., & Suhartono, D. (2023). Facial Skin Type Prediction Based on Baumann Skin Type Solutions Theory Using Machine Learning. TEM Journal, 12(1).
Oliveira, R., Ferreira, J., Azevedo, L. F., & Almeida, I. F. (2023). An Overview of Methods to Characterize Skin Type: Focus on Visual Rating Scales and Self-Report Instruments. Cosmetics, 10(1), 14.
Park, K. Y., Hong, J. K., Shin, S. H., Koh, Y. G., Han, H. S., Moon, N. J., ... & Seo, S. J. (2022). A Study on the Correlation of Skin Types with Genetic Factors and Environmental Factors in Koreans. 대한피부과학회지, 60(4), 242-253.
Lee, Y. J., Choi, J. W., Nam, H. W., & Shin, S. Y. (2022). A Study on the Direction of Beauty Tech Reflecting the Skin Characteristics of Koreans: Focused on Case Studies. Computer and Information Science 2021-Fall 21, 107-118.