How Long Does It Take Vitamin C To Work?
Vitamin C serums are not right for everyone, so they may not work at all if they are not the right skin care product for your Baumann Skin Type®. But assuming they are the right product to treat your barriers to skin health, how long will it take to see results?
Vitamin C serum can take 12- 16 weeks to work on dark spots and 6- 12 months to work on wrinkles.
Vitamin C is weak, unstable, and does not penetrate well into skin. There are many things that you need to do to make Vitamin C work better and faster.
How Long Does Vitamin C Take to Work?
This depends upon what skin concerns you are treating with vitamin C.
How Long Does It Take Vitamin C Serum To Work On Dark Spots?
Vitamin C serum can take 12- 16 weeks to work on dark spots. Sometimes longer.
This is assuming the following:
- You are using a good Vitamin C serum that is freshly opened and has a pH of 2-2.5
- You are using other tyrosinase inhibitors in addition to ascorbic acid
- You are using the best cleanser for dark spots and for your Baumann Skin Type
- You are pairing the skin lighteners with a moisturizer that does not inactivate the skin lighteners
- You are wearing a tinted SPF of at least 15 EVERY day
Why Does It Take So Long For Vitamin C To Work On Dark Spots?
There are many reasons why skin care products take so long to work. You cannot get clear skin overnight.
How Can I Make Vitamin C Work Faster On Dark Spots?
- Use an entire customized skin care routine for your Baumann Skin Type
- Be consistent
- Change your skin care routine every 3-4 months
- Choose other skin lightening ingredients that work better than Vitamin C
- Add a PAR-2 blocker to your routine
How Long Does It Take Vitamin C To Work On Wrinkles?
Ascorbic acid helps increase collagen production. Although this will help wrinkles, the anti-aging effects of Vitamin C are not nearly as good or as fast as retinoids such as retinol. Combine your Vitamin C with retinoids to see faster improvement of wrinkles. This may take 6- 12 months if you are:
- Using the best skin care routine for your Baumann Skin Type
- Applying a stronger retinoid
- Applying the Vitamin C after a low pH cleanser
- Applying Vitamin C to damp skin
- Using your morning and evening routine consistently
- Choosing a good Vitamin C
- Using a fresh Vitamin C (these need to be replaced every 4-6 weeks)
Vitamin C serums are expensive, and they may not even be right for your Baumann Skin Type!
Make sure vitamin C serums will work on your skin issues by choosing other products in the skin care routine that will help Vitamin C serums be more effective.
I would hate for you to waste time and money using the wrong skin care products for your Baumann Skin Type!